Today’s post is a special one and it is the first ever of its kind of Glitz and Glitter! If you follow me on Instagram and you saw my Insta story from Monday, you will have seen that there is a surprise project with Tony Vincente, Founder and CEO of Rossario George, a luxury fashion and home brand. Tony just recently launched his website Rossario George in partnership with Vida. I interviewed Tony about Rossario George, his brand, and more! You guys are also getting a special offer at the end of the blog post, so keep your eyes open for that!
Without any further adieu, here is the fabulous interview! My text will be italicized in black and Tony’s answers are the bold blue texts.
- What inspired you to start Rossario George? You said on your website that your mother and sister helped culture a love for all things fashionable and couture in your life; how do you think that their influence has had an impact on your brand? Rossario George was the next step for my business. I have been a business owner since 2009 and Rossario George is its final evolution. It was serendipitous how it came about. Vida reached out to me to see if I had an interest in designing for them. I have always wanted to be a fashion designer but did not have the sources to make this a reality. When Vida call all that changed. My passion for fashion started when I was early, to which I owe to my mother and sister. Both have since left this earth and I think in many ways both are guiding my designs and business choices. I named my first shoe line the “Yvette” heels after my sister and waiting for the right thing to name after my mom. Stay tuned!
- The majority of the collections in Rossario George have a predominately Grecian theme and style, which is something that I find very unique and ingenious. The patterns and colors are vibrant and they remind me of one of my favorite time periods and Grecian mythology. The Icarus and Persephone collections are two of my particular favorites. What led you to design with Grecian themes? First, I want to say I am happy you like the “Icarus” and “Persephone” lines! Second, I love the Greco-Roman era of design. It was a truly magical time filled with majestic arts and amazing mythical tales. When I was a kid, nothing made me happier to sit and read stories of Mythology and Greek mythology was my favorite genre. I guess this love never went away only gaining life through my designs.
(right: “Icarus” unisex t-shirt. left: “Persephone” wrap.)
3. Your brand definitely delivers when it states luxury. From pocket squares and pendants to pillows and handbags, everything is unique and has quality. When you were in the beginning stages of creating Rossario George, did you have a vision of what you wanted your brand to be? Oh my god, I so love you Mimi! Keep the compliments going! ☺ When it comes to my brand vision, I had one in place for some time. Vincente Living was ready for its next steps and Rossario George was it. Overall, this brand is about providing high quality, timeless and luxurious pieces for men, women and the home.
(Rossario George pillows. Available with or without insert.)
- There are a lot of collections on Rossario George and each one is unique in its own way. What is your favorite collection from Rossario George? I have to say I am proud of all of my collections but I am total shoe FANATIC so my shoe collections hold a special place in my heart. Especially the “Bellissima” patent leather boot. Live for those!
- On your blog you said that when Vida asked if you would consider collaborating with them, what was going through your mind? It must have been incredible to know that a brand that had previously collaborated with Cher was knocking on your door and loved your style! I was beyond ecstatic and still am to this day. Vida is an amazing company to work with and just as you stated I get to design for a company that works with freakin CHER! To say I am honored and blessed is an understatement.
- Your style and the style of Rossario George collections are one of a kind. When I looked at the website before I contacted you on Twitter, I was blown away by the individuality of your brand and pieces. It drew me in and I instantly knew that it was something I wanted to collaborate on. The shoes, the wraps, the pillows, everything is absolutely amazing and I hope to purchase all of your designs at some point in my life! One of the things that also stood out to me was that Rossario George is inclusive. The shoes sizes up to a 13 in most of the collection, there are plus and petite sizes. It’s amazing! When you were designing Rossario George, did you know that having a large range of sizes was something you wanted to do? Absolutely! Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and Rossario George is a brand that will ALWAYS reflect that.
- I read through your blog and read why you named your brand Rossario George. It was very touching and I believe the name suits the brand very well. It brings a sense of taste and charm to your collections. When a person wearing your fashion is asked what brand they are wearing, they will look at the curious admirer and say “Rossario George” and the style and name go together effortlessly. For those who are not aware as to why you chose Rossario George as your brand name, would you please give the back story to it? It would be my honor. Rossario George was the name of my partner’s father. He was a man of grace and elegance. I wanted to honor his memory and take from it pieces to grow mine. I’m a private person but I will share no one is more important in this world than my partner. No one has encouraged me more to be who I am now.
8. I know you have a special deal for my lovely readers! What will they receive with your fabulous coupon code? I do indeed! Everyone reading this get a brand new car! Just kidding! Child I am not Oprah status (yet) but hopefully your awesome fashionistas reading this will enjoy $50 off my shoe collection for the entire month of October. Use Discount code: SHOPSHOES during checkout.
- Thank you so much for the interview! I can’t wait to see where your collections take you and your future success! With that kind of style, you are definitely going to be a big name to look out for at Fashion Week! Thank you Mimi! When the time comes, you definitely have a front row seat to our show.
There you have it, loves! Tony’s line is absolutely stunning and it is so luxurious and vibrant! His style is unmatched and I am so happy that I get to tell you guys about Tony and his incredible brand!
Tony’s shoe collection is so stylish and you get to use that special code for the entire month of October! Remember, at check out apply code SHOPSHOES!
Just look at those shoes! How gorgeous are they?! The stiletto is in the style “Yvette” and the boot is “Esme”. The names are just as beautiful as the shoes!And remember, you guys have a $50 off discount code!
I can’t wait to see where Tony goes in life!
As usual, I hope you have a great day and don’t forget to smile!